After a long trip, with a few snaffews, God got us all home safely. After a couple of good meals, calls and visits with friends and family, showers with unlimited clean water, and a night in our own beds, we realize some of what we have been through. I don't know what to say when I know I'll hear that question: "Did you have a good vacation?" or "Did you have a good time?" It was / is so much more than that and not something that I can put in to words. I am not sure who is impacted more by a mission trip- the visitors or the hosts? We see things in such a different light. What waste we have and what abundance. We are so fortunate, yet those "less fortunates" are sometimes happier than we are. We read in our devotion book of how those with so little seem to praise God with that much more enthusiasm, perhaps because they are so thankful for the little bit that they have. Speaking of enthusiasm, we need to bring some of that energy from Thomas church back home.
I keep thinking about Dillon telling me, as he scratched the ear of a sad looking dog we nick-named "Skinny:" "At least for these few minutes, he will have some pleasure in his life." I pray that we had an opportunity to touch some lives through God, as our lives were truly changed.
1 comment:
For those you served and left behind they will be forever changed . . . just as you have been by your experience. I praise you all for giving so much of yourselves and sharing the Love of God with others in 'necessity' . . . you will be blessed beyond understanding . . . keep telling your stories, for that is a message for all to hear, of our great abundance and blessings that need to be shared with those who have JOY and not much else . . . may we all continue to give and serve where we are called and needed. Blessings. W
Post a Comment